A lot of search traffic is simply market curiosity. People often just want to know if their neighbors house has sold or what the price is of the home down the street. People who look on real estate search sites don’t always need the most advanced tools to find out what they need to know.
But sometimes, they do.
Ever try to fix a vase with vice grips and duct tape? Ever try to fix a picnic table with eyeglasses repair kit? Didn’t work well, did it.
Each real estate search site is designed to do something different and they draw their information from different sources. Understanding the differences between IDX, Trula/Zillow and Client Portals is critical for the best results.
– Do you know which one links directly to MLS?
– Do you know how a Zestimate is calculated?
– Do you know which site updates first? Last?
– Do you know which one has paid results? Which are organic?
– Do you know the accuracy rates of Trulia’s value estimates?
Let us help you understand which type of search is right for you.